Here are the key facts to know about the PMBOK V5 change, and how it affects the PMP & related exams:
1) Per PMI, the new PMBOK V5 is officially the PMI standard effective Jan. 1, 2013
2) But the PMP Exam will NOT be changing for 7 more months – you have until July 30, 2013 to take the PMP test on the OLD Version 4.
3) LINK: Here is Cornelius Fichtner’s post about the test change
(thanks Cornelius for the excellent info as always)
4) The new PMBOK V5 is available for download for PMI members starting tomorrow, Thursday, Dec. 27, 2012
5) The new PMBOK V5 is available to be ordered in paperback starting New Year’s Eve, Dec. 30, 2012
6) Biggest differences in PMBOK V5?
- New 10th Knowledge Area: Stakeholder Management
- 4 new planning processes have been added: Plan Scope Management, Plan Schedule Management, Plan Cost Management & Plan Stakeholder Management.
Bottom-Line – If you’ve already been preparing based on PMBOK V4…
- Schedule your test and get it on your calendar NOW, and
- Get your certification before the test change Aug. 1!
You might also like to see these posts:
hi That’s a nice post.