Agile is NOT currently on the PMP test…
But starting on March 26, 2018, PMP test-takers will be facing both Waterfall (a.k.a., the Predictive Approach) and Agile Approach questions. And the new PMP Prep books will all soon need to be covering both approaches.
To give you a head-start on Agile, my book: The Project Management Answer Book, 2nd Edition, includes a robust Chapter 14: Scrum Agile: The New Wave In Project Management. The chapter offers fifty-four (54) Q&As covering a great many Scrum concepts, tools, and best practices, including:
- The 4 Core Values of the Agile Manifesto,
- Dot Voting,
- Poker Estimation,
- Burn-Down Charts,
- and many more!
My 2nd Edition is primarily a Waterfall PMP book which has helped a great many PMs pass their PMP and CAPM exams (35 out of 35 Five-Star Amazon Reviews). And it’s geared to PMBOK V5 (pre-Agile) which is still the current PMP test standard. But many readers have thanked me for my Scrum chapter, and told me it’s helped them on job interviews, when they were faced with questions like:
INTERVIEWER: “So, tell me what you know so far about Agile…”
- PMBOK V5 is still the standard for the current PMP test through March 25, 2017 (no Agile in V5)
- PMBOK V6 includes Agile concepts and terminology, and will be the standard for the PMP test starting March 26, 2018.
- Look for my upcoming: The Project Management Answer Book, Third Edition in 2018, which will be compatible with PMBOK V6.
Mavis: “Has some tasty PMP test tips!”
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE TO SEE:
My Upcoming PM classes in 2018:
- Fordham – PMP PREP: Sundays, Jan. 7 – Feb 4 (Based on PMBOK V5)
- NYU – PMP PREP: Sundays, April 8 – May 6, Section 3 (Based on PMBOK V6)
- NYU – PMP PREP: Tuesday & Thurs. evenings, April 3–May 3, Section 4 (Based on PMBOK V6)
- NYU – Earned Value Management: 1-Day Intensive, Sunday, Feb. 11
- NYU – Critical Path Method: 1-Day Intensive, Sunday, Feb. 18