Per PMI’s Announcement there are significant changes coming to the PMP exam effective Aug. 31st, especially that there will no longer be a separate section on Ethics. Instead, Ethics & Social Responsibility questions will be interspersed throughout the 5 Process Group sections (making the test harder!)
HOW MY BOOK CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS CHANGE: My book, “The Project Management Answer Book” offers an extensive chapter on Ethics (much more detail on Ethics than most PMP books). It includes:
1) A one-page summary of the PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct (which I wrote for my book with permission obtained in writing from PMI).
2) Strong real-world examples – Many examples of ethical issues and dilemmas PMs face in the real world (and to help the reader, refer-backs in many cases to the corresponding clauses in PMI’s Code). These examples will help PMs make the right ethical decisions on the job, as well as help with the PMP test.
3) Advanced ethics-related vocabulary presented in short, clear Q&As to help readers master the terms and concepts for the test. Do you know the terms: “microinequities,” “xenophobia,” & “careerism?” (These are just a few examples of imporatant terms covered in this chapter).
4) Top 10 Ethical Pitfalls For PMs – a list of common ethical issues and traps that PMs often are prey to on projects. Understanding these pitfalls will help you avoid them in the real-world and do well on scenario-based questions on the exam.
5) My podcast interview on “Ethics For PMs” – A related resource that can also help PMs on the job and on the PMP test is a podcast interview I did, Episode #169, where I was interviewed about the Ethics chapter in my book by Cornelius Fichtner, host of The Project Management Podcast: Premium Episode #169: “Ethics In Project Management” (has already had 2,061 views)
– Note my earlier podcast inteview with Cornelius: Episode #168: “The Project Management Answer Book” (has already had 2,157 views)
MORE TO COME… I will be blogging more about tips for this upcoming change to the exam over the next few weeks.