Top 10 Benefits of Jeff Furman’s PMP class:
1. Highly-experienced PMP instructor – I’ve taught more than 85 weeks of PMP/CAPM (more than 550 students!) I’ve trained hundreds of PMs from private industry, US Federal Government, and NYC government (in Manhattan, Bethesda MD, Carlyss LA, Fremont CA, Houston TX, Philadelphia PA, Washington DC and Fort Hood TX for the US Army).
2. Extensive experience managing IT projects – Managed many IT projects for 15 years for Fortune 500 financial companies in the NYC area.
3. Testimonials – To see some of the many testimonials I’ve received from my students, view my Linkedin Profile or go to the Endorsements Button on my website.
4. Very High Pass Rate – My students have a very high success rate for passing their PMP and CAPM certification exams on their first try.
5. My book: “The Project Management Answer Book” was published this year by Management Concepts (2011, Vienna, VA). The book is in Q&A format (very easy to navigate) and it’s BOTH a PMP text and a practitioner’s guide. It includes hundreds of tips, best practices, ready-to-use templates and original diagrams to help make the PMBOK easy. The book was recently included in Bright Hub’s “Top Ten Books Every Project Manager Should Have In His Or Her Collection,” and the foreword is byAndy Crowe, best-selling author, PMP, PgMP, and President/Founder of VelociTeach.
6. Awards – I won an “Instructor of the Year” award for my PMP class two years in a row (2008 & 2009) at a New York City-based IT training company.
7. NOT just lecture – My classes are very interactive, with a lot of participation from my students plus many PMP practice test quizzes and hands-on exercises.
8. Two textbooks – Students taking my class get 2 books: “The Project Management Answer Book” (my book) and “The PMP Exam: How To Pass On Your First Try” (by Andy Crowe) and we use both books in the class.
9. Certified Trainer – In addition to being PMP-certified, I hold the CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer) certification from CompTIA, and I teach Train-The-Trainer classes helping other instructors sharpen their training skills and get this credential.
10. “Extras” – I provide mentoring for my students, and help them one-on-one with their PMP applications on breaks and after-hours. I send them ready-to-use templates (soft-copies and paper), and other unique study aids that have been proven very effective for my students. I distribute a PDF of all my slides. And students always tell me they like how I foster a collaborative atmosphere, how I encourage networking, and how they can keep in touch with me after the class.
DAYS / DATES / TIMES FOR MY NEXT CLASS IN MANHATTAN:
DAYS / DATES: Monday – Friday, Dec. 5 – 9
LOCATION: Corner of 6th Avenue & 23rd Street, NYC (20 steps east of the 6th Avenue subway station)
TIME: 9:00 – 5:00
REGISTRATION: Email me at Jeff@Jeff-Furman.com or call me at (201) 310-7997
VERY CONVENIENT LOCATION!
- Midtown Manhattan, corner of 6th Avenue and 23rd Street
- About 20 steps from the 6th Avenue subway station
- Also near the NJ Path Station
- 10 minute walk from Penn Station NYC
- Email: Jeff@Jeff-Furman.com
- Website: My Website
- Linkedin: My Linkedin Profile
- Twitter: @JeffNYNY, @PMAnswerBook
MY BACKGROUND: Jeff Furman
- Island Beach State Park (photo credit, Martha Garvey)
- This blogpost is by Jeff Furman, PMP Instructor and Presentation Skills Trainer, and author of The Project Management Answer Book, published by Management Concepts (2011, Vienna, VA).
Leave A Comment