Writing my book, The Project ManagementAnswer Book, has connected me with all kinds of great people!
Taking a page from Elizabeth Harrin’s “Day Of Gratitude” 2013 Blog Post (see Thank-you #1, below) I wanted to thank the authors, bloggers, reviewers, hosts, and application developers who published interviews, reviews, blogs, podcasts, and apps about/including my book in 2013.
INTERVIEWS / COLLABORATIONS
- Thank you #1 – Elizabeth Harrin – for inviting me to write a guest post: “My Life Is A PMP Ethics Question” for your blog, A Girl’s Guide To Project Management.
- Thank you #2 – Soma Bhattacharya – for our interview about Training on PMP for the US Army, in your blog: Stepping Into Project Management… The Journey Continues.
- Thank you #3 – Cornelius Fichtner – For our Webinar/PowerPoint: “Why Strong Ethics Are Important To PM Success“ for your podcast series, The PDU Podcast (“Month 24” – 2.25 PDUs)
- Thank you #4 – Russell Sarder (CEO of Learning) – For the 8 short video interviews for Sarder TV (about my book & training methods)
- Thank you #5 – Christina Boryk – For our blog interview: “How Training US Army Officers Re-Trained The Trainer for the ASTD NY blogpost.
- Thank you #6 – Kimberley Chan at OneDesk – For inviting me to write a Guest Post: “The Need To Adapt To Make It Work” for your series: “PM Lesson Learned”
- Thank you #7 – Vicki James – For writing up my book in your “Professional Project Services Holiday Reading Guide”
- Thank you #8 – Paola Casla – For your review of my book in the AdaQuest “Project & Work Management Newsletter”
- Thank you #9 – Elaine Biech – Who asked me to contribute one of my original training activities “The Groundhog Day Game” (for teaching Ethics In PM) for her app: The ASTD Trainer’s Toolkit.
- Thank you #10 – Peter Taylor – Who included my story “Celebrity PM Gossip” in his book: “The Project Manager Who Smiled.”
READERS / FANS / STUDENTS
- Thank you #11 – FaceBook “Likes” – All my readers who “Liked” my book on Facebook (from people in 21 countries so far!)
- Thank you #12 – Amazon Reviews – All my readers who Reviewed My Book on Amazon (22 Amazon Reviews so far – Average Rating: 5 Stars)
- Thank you #13 – The US Army – The officers and PMs who attended my classes on-post this year at Fort Gordon, Fort Campbell, and Fort Hood (and who invited me to their homes, parties, Chow Halls and Officers’ Clubs)
- Thank you #14 – IIUSA – Who I teach my private Advanced PM / PMP Prep courses for.
- Thank you #15 – NYU SCPS – Where I now teach 5 courses (4 courses as part of NYU’s Certificate In Project Management) as follows:
- Basic Project Management (PROJ1-CE8600) ==> My next class starts April 19th
- PMP Prep (PROJ1-CE8601) ==> My next class starts Feb. 8th
- Ethics In PM (PROJ1-CE8665) ==> My next class starts March 16th
- Summer Intensive In PM (CE8660 – I teach the Communications Management Day)
- Principals of PM for Construction Management Professionals (COPM1-CE9640) Schack Institute of Real Estate: 10-Day Certificate Program, I co-teach the first 3 days of the program ==> My next class starts June 4th
- Thank you #16 – NetCom Learning – Where I teach (1) PMP and (2) Train-The-Trainer courses toward certification: Microsoft MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainer), CompTIA CTT+ (CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer) and Adobe ACI (Adobe Certified Instructor)
PUBLISHER of my book: “The PM Answer Book”
- Thank you #17 – Management Concepts – for publishing my first book: “The Project Management Answer Book.”
- The 2nd Edition of my book is coming soon! (in 2nd Quarter 2014)
Wow, a second edition! Congratulations, that’s amazing news. I expect you’ll have a lot of work ahead to update your book but it will totally be worth it.
Thanks Elizabeth, I actually am close to completing the 2nd Edition of “The PM Answer Book!” I’ve added 3 new chapters, a lot more Q&As, more real-world stories, and made it a bit more advanced.
All the best to you and your family in 2014! Best, Jeff
Always a pleasure to work with you, Jeff! Congrats on all your great work, and looking forward to sharing more ideas with you, and learning more from you in the future.
Thanks Kim, and your company, OneDesk, gets a credit in the bibliography of my upcoming 2nd Edition of “The PM Answer Book!”