My favorite presentation at the PMI North American Global Congress 2016 in San Diego was by Sherri Thomas, PMP: Career Coach/International Speaker/Best-selling author, about her book: The Bounce Back: Personal Stories of Bouncing Back Faster and Higher from a Layoff, Re-org or Career Setback. And it was great meeting Sherri in the Q&A after her talk.
I HIGHLY recommend this book! It won the 2013 Business Book of the Year (by Indie Book Awards for Independently Published Book Authors). It’s a fun, quick read, filled with great tips on:
- How to grow and enhance your career
- How to survive and thrive when career setbacks occur
- How to be on the lookout and prevent career setbacks
- How to find positions that best suit you, and bring you the most success and satisfaction.
The insights and tips in Sherri’s book very much ring true, because she details how they worked for her personally. And she also includes 13 success stories from business professionals she calls the “Bounce Back Achievers,” who share their best advice on how they bounced back (with the help of Sherri’s expert coaching) to land new and much more satisfying positions.
More Info/Links about The Bounce Back & Sherri Thomas:
- The Bounce Back, by Sherri Thomas, on Amazon
- Visit Amazon’s Sherri Thomas Page
- Sherri’s Career Coaching Website: Career Coaching 360
- Sherri’s Website: Sherri Thomas: Career Strategist / International Speaker / Best-Selling Author
- Sherri’s Article for Huffington Post: Bouncing Back After Your Lay-Off
- Also by Sherri Thomas: Career Smart: Five Steps To A Powerful Personal Brand, on Amazon
You might also like to see:
- The PMP Test Change in January 2016: What You Need To Know
- Sneak Preview: PMBOK V6 Changes (Coming 3rd Quarter, 2017 from PMI)
- My upcoming Course Calendar at NYU (Spring Semester 2017)
- PM-Podcast Episode #326: “Got PM Questions: Here Are The Answers” (Podcast Interview with Cornelius Fichtner about my book: The Project Management Answer Book)
- The Project Management Answer Book, 2nd Edition (my PMP Book)
Leave A Comment