A way to share good info (and get exposure and extra mileage out of your presentations) is with SlideShare. This is one of the APPS which Linkedin recently made available to subscribers to help you enhance your profile.
STEPS IN LINKEDIN:
Step 1. Edit your Profile
Step 2. Go to APPLICATIONS, and click on “Add An Application”
Step 3. INSTALL the SlideShare app
Step 4. UPLOAD your PowerPoint file
- People can instantly see a HANDS-ON glimpse of what you do
- Searchers might find your Slide Share via Google Search, as well as in Linkedin
– To see what this looks like in Linkedin, I put up one of my recent presentations on my profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jefffurmanlinkedin
(You’ll see SlideShare as an APP at the bottom of my profile, and the first screen of the presentation showing)
1) You can have one presentation at a time up in a basic (free) Linkedin subscription. But if you want to have more than one up at once on your Linkedin profile, you would need to upgrade your Linkedin membership.
2) Sometimes the default for sharing presentations in Linkedin gets turned off, so it’s always good to verify that the new one is added and showing in Linkedin. If you’ve uploaded a presentation in SlideShare and it’s not showing on your Linkedin profile, just go back in to your Linkedin profile and re-check the option to display SlideShare.
If you liked this tip, see more of my blog-posts: