The changes to the PMP exam originally scheduled for July 1, 2020 have been pushed back to January 2, 2021. This is due to the disruptions to training, testing and more caused by the ongoing Coronavirus threat.
“For all PMP candidates, we are extending access to the current PMP exam until 31 December 2020 and postponing the launch of the new PMP exam until 2 January 2021.” – Project Management Institute®
Note – This applies to ALL THE CHANGES previously scheduled for JULY 1, 2020, including:
- EXAM CHANGES: Significant changes to the PMP Exam itself (changing to 50% Agile, 50% Waterfall, and more) and also
- REP CHANGES: New requirements/procedures for vendors to claim REP Status for the PMP
- NEW INSTRUCTOR REQUIREMENTS: New requirement for instructors to be “Certified PMP Instructors” by PMI in order to teach for any school/training provider classified as a PMP R.E.P. under the new rules (Item #2 above)
- Curriculum/Content For PMP Instructors (must be PMI-provided materials)
- Training Delivery Mode (must be online using PMI-provided materials, per Item #4 above)